Here are a few quick facts about the current health situation in America:
- Over one hundred million Americans today have a chronic illness
- Every thirty-three seconds someone dies of heart disease - over one million people annually
- One out three people are diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
- Eighty percent of diabetes would be eliminated simply by bringing body weight into normal range
- Complications from hip fractures due to osteoporosis cause more deaths than all auto accidents
- Seven out of ten people in the U.S. will die from cancer, heart disease, or stroke
1.3 million Americans have died in all the wars in U.S. history. That's a lot of deaths. Today, though, we lose more than that number of Americans each year because of cancer and heart disease.