Without it, cells could not perform their functions and the brain would not fully develop.
Here are a few quick facts about Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D regulates calcium in all cells
- Vitamin D - not just for healthy bones - plays an important role for the brain
- Vitamin D deficiency can cause seizures
- A lack of sun exposure can lead to Vitamin D deficiency
- There is a link between Vitamin D deficiency and Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease
- Vitamin D protects the immune system
- Regulates cell growth and cell death
- Provides antioxidant and antiviral benefits
As little as 30 minutes in the sun can generate up to 50,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D. We now know that vitamin D is a powerful inhibitor of cancer development and growth.
Many forms of commercial Vitamin D supplements are not the active form. So when you buy vitamin D supplements, make sure it is vitamin D-3.
A good source, CalciAIM™, can be found by clicking here.