Tastes and preferences in food can be a parent's nightmare, especially given the wide availability of highly refined and processed foods that seem to line grocery store shelves.
We try our best, but if you'll be honest, how can we compete with cream-filled chocolate cookies and artificial fruit drinks laden with sugar?
Well, hold on, because now there is help.
Introducing BarleyLife® Xtra
BarleyLife® Xtra is a sweet tasting, cherry-apple flavor green juice drink. It has been designed especially to appeal to the taste buds of young children. It's ideal for those from 4 to 10 years of age. It tastes so good, whether you are young - or just 'young at heart' - you may want to give it a try!
BarleyLife® Xtra contains no synthetic sugar, artificial coloring or preservatives. One 6 gram serving delivers the same amount of green barley that adults receive from 5 grams of BarleyLife®. The "Xtra" is that it has natural fruit and vegetable juices that will appeal to even your most finicky young eater.
In this "Xtra" formula, The AIM Companies™ has combined our well-known green barley with the natural powders of apple, cherry, raspberry, cranberry, strawberry, pineapple, lemon, lime, orange, broccoli, tomato, carrot, grape, kale and acerola cherry, to provide the natural flavorings that will appeal to children.
In particular, the acerola cherry flavor stands out and gives the sweet taste that kids will really like. The natural sweetener, stevia, is used to give BarleyLife® Xtra its naturally sweet appeal - without the use of refined sugars or artificial sweeteners.
Makes Good Nutrition Sweet
Most nutritionists recommend that for children age 4 to 6, no more than 130 to 230 daily calories come from sugar and that for kids 7 to 10 years of age, no more than 165 to 330 calories per day come from sugar. The traditionally sweet-tasting foods that are offered to children are extremely high in processed (refined) sugars.
For example, one cup of artificially flavored fruit-aide beverage may contain as much as 6 teaspoons of refined sugar (384 sugar calories). One chocolate chip cookie can rank at 3 teaspoons of sugar (192 sugar calories).
Adults are not exempt! Have you ever had that craving for something sweet during those mid-afternoon doldrums? One serving of BarleyLife® Xtra offers just ¼ to ½ teaspoon of natural sugar (16 to 32 sugar calories) from real fruits and veggies, (amount varies depending upon age and serving size).
BarleyLife® Xtra can help you to keep a careful reign on the daily sugar content of your family's diet. For a sweet healthy snack reach for BarleyLife® Xtra.
Filled with the nutrients kids really need for healthy growth, BarleyLife® Xtra not only tastes good, but it delivers the vital nutrition your child needs. Children in western society are specifically in need of the following nutrients - all of which can be found in BarleyLife® Xtra:
- Vitamin C - for the formation of connective tissue and collagen, which is important for healthy muscle, bones, teeth, tendons, and skin. Vitamin C also facilitates amino acid metabolism, and the synthesis of hormones related to neurotransmitters and the adrenal glands. Plus, Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron and folic acid, which is critical for growing bodies.
- Riboflavin and other B vitamins, including folate - to help produce and maintain healthy new cells.
- Vitamin A - for eye health, and to help build a strong immune system.
- Calcium - for the formation of strong bones and teeth.
- Chromium, manganese, and other trace elements - to help with digestion and to complete the mineral content that is deficient in today’s highly processed foods.
- Vitamin K - which can be especially low in infants and is necessary for healthy development.
- Trace amounts of iron, zinc, and protein that children need to maintain their high activity levels.
Some parents worry that their children are not eating as much as they should, or that picky eating habits leave out important nutrients. BarleyLife® Xtra is an appealing and tasty way to bring good nutrition to your children while also avoiding meal time squabbles about what is healthy and acceptable to eat.
Establish Good Family Habits With BarleyLife® Xtra
All of us already know what is true - that on any given day, only about half of adults in the western world have chosen one serving of fruit, which is our primary source of vitamin C.
We can set an example for our children by improving our own dietary habits, and by choosing more fruits and dark, leafy green vegetables to bring to the family dining table.
When taste makes all the difference, choose BarleyLife® Xtra.
A Good Source of Vitamin C
BarleyLife® Xtra delivers 34% of a teenager's daily requirement for vitamin C per serving, and is considered a good source of vitamin C, as defined under the guidelines of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Vitamin C is a critical nutrient during childhood since it:
- produces collagen to hold muscles, bones and other tissues together
- protects against bruising
- helps the body absorb iron and folate
- keeps the gums healthy
- promotes the healing of cuts, scrapes and wounds common during childhood
- protects against infection
- acts as an important antioxidant to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals.
Children 4 to 10 years of age require a minimum of 45 to 55 mg of vitamin C daily, while children 11 to 15 need a minimum of 50 to 60 mg of vitamin C daily. Upper level limits suggest that 200 mg or more of vitamin C daily may be consumed by children.
The acerola cherry found in BarleyLife® Xtra is one of the highest sources of natural vitamin C available today.
To learn more about BarleyLife® Xtra for kids and teenagers, Click Here.