According to the latest U.S. food pyramid, a balanced diet includes five food groups:
4) milk and dairy products
5) meat, beans, fish and nuts
But if you eat these things each day, that may explain why you're overweight. To burn fat, you need an imbalanced diet. Just for a period of time, though.
So what in a balanced diet is keeping you fat? Fruits, veggies and grains. Why? Because they block the fat burning mechanism.
Yes, fruits are a good source of vitamins and minerals. But don't eat them if you're trying to lose weight. They cause an insulin response and block the fat burning mechanism.
In addition, many vegetables also block fat burning for most people, particularly the starchy ones.
And yes, grains, including brown rice, beans, pasta and breads, all block fat burning. (Meats, including animal fat, can be good for weight loss - but not all meats are created equal.)
Proof of findings:
(1) Note the size of many who say they eat a balanced diet
(2) Clinical studies over the last one hundred and fifty years
Clinical studies undertaken by physicians with their own patients over the last one hundred and fifty years show that balanced diets slow down the weight loss mechanism.
- A balanced diet – one-third fruits and vegetables, two-thirds animal protein and fat – had a dismal 2% success rate. An imbalanced diet – just meats, eggs, fish, and fowl – had a 50% success rate.
- The absence of fruits and vegetables in a year-long imbalanced diet showed: no vitamin deficiencies, no evidence of kidney damage or diminished function and no mineral deficiencies despite the diet containing only ¼ of the calcium usually contained in mixed diets. Gingivitis (inflammation of gums) was cleared up.
- Most of the 17,000 patients, who did a diet of fatty meat three times a day and were allowed only a little raw fruit or a potato, lost 2-3 lbs a week.
- The patients who ate 700-800 calories of fat in their diet, had no urge for "forbidden" food (sweets, grains).
Fruits, vegetables, brown rice, other grains and beans, despite their nutritional content, are not good weight loss foods. And their absence, for certain periods of time, does not cause ill health.