Here is the rule for the potato hack. If you're eating something that's not a potato, you're doing it wrong.
1. Eat nothing but potatoes for three to five days
2. Eat two to five pounds of potatoes each day
3. No other foods allowed (this includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits)
4. Salt, pepper, and vinegar allowed, but not encouraged
5. When thirsty, only drink coffee, tea, and water
6. Heavy exercise is discouraged, while light exercise and walking are encouraged
7. Take your normal medications, but optional are dietary supplements during the hack
Expected Results from Three to Five Days of The Potato Hack:
- Fat loss of three to five pounds
- Reduction in inflammation and joint pain
- Reduction in digestive complaints
- Increased insulin sensitivity, along with lower fasting blood glucose levels
- Restoration of healthy intestinal bacteria
- Continued weight loss upon resumption of normal diet
Those that have watched a scale that will not budge for months or years report daily losses of a half pound to one pound. Also, the weight does not come back, as it tends to do in other 'crash' diets.
To learn more, read the science-based book, The Potato Hack: Weight Loss Simplified by Tim Steele.
You will not only discover an unusual way to lose weight, but also how to reduce chronic inflammation, which can eventually lead to disease.
Note: I would highly encourage you to buy the book. In particular, read the chapter about resistant starch and how it relates to the human microbiome and gut health.
To check out the website of Tim Steele, author of The Potato Hack, Click Here.
P.S. Here are a few additional links to check out, regarding potatoes and weight loss:
Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch to get started towards a healthy gut microbiome.
I take several spoonfuls of this resistant starch every day. It's quick and easy, as well as a cheap way for me to sleep well at night and feel better overall.
My wife orders Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch at Amazon.com and has it shipped directly to our house.
"Our Broken Plate"
P.P.S. Another book to read for healthy weight loss is "Our Broken Plate" by Ray Cronise (pronounced "CROW-nice"). He is a former NASA scientist who is helping people lose weight fast and keep it off.
At one point, Ray Cronise was fifty pounds overweight. He tried many weight loss plans, only to find himself eventually gaining more weight. Frustrated and discouraged, he decided to dedicate himself full-time to learning about weight loss and health. The result is he now weighs a trim 180 pounds.
Not a diet book, "Our Broken Plate" aims to dispel the myth of using exercise for weight loss and how to change our relationship with food.
To see the website of Ray Cronise, Click Here.